That’s a good question. You’re coming all the way here to study (or just get a US degree and/or job).
You shouldn’t worry about the courses because:
- You get a 2 week period (or more) to attend all the courses you think you like just to get an idea of what the course looks like,
- Once you find the course you like, simply register for it online.
There are many factors which you may want to consider when you select a course: (not in any specific order)
- Interest! And not because your best friend is taking it.
- Work load, as in the number of assignments, projects, midterms, easy/hard.
- The professor.
- Course contents and whether or not you will actually get to learn something important/new.
- Current demand for that course / How many companies look for that course on the resume / Future considerations like if you want to do some kinda specialization.