You might have several cheap options, but I would recommend: (assuming you are flying from Mumbai)
- Delta (Bombay-NY-Atlanta- Gainesville or the Bombay-Paris one)
- Lufthansa-USAirways (Bombay-Frankfurt and Frankfurt-Charlotte-Gainesville)
- Jet Airways – I think they have a better deal, and awesome food.
Keep in mind the following factors when you book your ticket:
- It’s a long flight, so avoid taking multiple (> 1) connecting flights which make your trip even longer, even though it might turn out to be cheaper. If you are flying/traveling abroad for the first time, or otherwise, PAY MORE and get a direct connection. You can be more adventurous and tour the entire planet the next time you travel 🙂
- Try going in groups, it will help you NOT get lost, and help lessen any curiosity you might have. Plus you won’t get bored.
- Try reaching Gainesville during the daytime. You might freak out if it’s dark and there’s no one at the airport to receive you.
- If you are planning to take some other flights than the ones I’ve mentioned, make sure that you have atleast 2 hours for immigration at your port of entry.