So, you’re thinking about higher education? In USA? Cool! Continue reading if you have answered yes to both.
My name is Shreyas and I moved to the USA in August 2006 to pursue higher education (Masters in Computer Engineering at the University of Florida). I’ve been there myself, and I know the amount of stress/anxiety the thought of living in a different country far away from home can bring to us – especially as a student. Add to that the fact that you have limited income. Plus you might not even have any relatives nearby if you need help or anything goes wrong! And for many, this is the first time away from home. Don’t worry though. This opportunity will be a great learning experience for you, at both, professional and personal level.
Some of the content in this blog is related to the University of Florida (UF). But most can be applied to almost all universities in the USA. I have created this blog to make an attempt to help reduce any concerns you may have about higher education – the university, courses, jobs and stuff. I hope this gives you some idea of what to expect and is a good place to get started …
DISCLAIMER: The opinions mentioned here are purely mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Florida. Most of the information is dated, and might no longer hold – it is your responsibility to find out for yourself. You agree that I cannot be held responsible for your decisions.
NOTE: If you don’t find the question you are looking for, please feel free to email me and I will address them to the best of my ability. Or, you could leave a comment along with your email address in the feedback section, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Edulix Users: Look me up @shreyasdube
The FAQ section has be organized in the following categories:
- General Higher Education Related: MS in US, Which university is right for me, etc
- University of Florida Related: CS vs CE, Tuition, Placements, Campus Jobs, etc
- UF VS [USC, NCSU, SUNY-B]
- Computer Engineering or Computer Science?
- Can I apply for TA/RA/GA if I have the Achievement Award?
- How can I estimate my fees?
- How can I estimate my living costs?
- What about campus jobs?
- What is the difference between OPS and FWS jobs?
- What about the Placement scene?
- What about the Funding scene?
- My interest lies in XYZ. What courses should I take?
- Travel and Finance Related: How to get here, About bank accounts, Transferring money, etc
Don’t see your question here? Want further clarifications? Would like to thank me? — Click here.